Publications on RoboCup
RoboCup, the "Robot Soccer World Cup", is an annual international robotics and AI competition. Its official grand challenge states that
"By the middle of the 21st century, a team of fully autonomous humanoid robot soccer players shall win a soccer game, complying with the official rules of FIFA, against the winner of the most recent World Cup."
The publications listed below resulted from our effort in RoboCup 2D Simulation League which started in 1998 with team Cyberoos, and culminated in winning the World Championship in 2016, with team Gliders2016.
- M. Prokopenko, P. Wang, S. Marian, A. Bai, X. Li, X. Chen, RoboCup 2D Soccer Simulation League: Evaluation Challenges, In Akiyama, H., Obst, O., Sammut, C., Tonidandel, F. (eds.), RoboCup 2017: Robot World Cup XXI, Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence, 11175, 325-337, 2018.
- M. Prokopenko and P. Wang, Disruptive innovations in RoboCup 2D Soccer Simulation League: from Cyberoos'98 to Gliders2016. In Behnke, S., Sheh, R., Sariel, S., Lee, D. D. (eds.) RoboCup 2016: Robot World Cup XX, Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence, 9976, 529-541 (Champion paper), 2017.
- M. Prokopenko, P. Wang, O. Obst, V. Jauregui, Gliders2016: Integrating multi-agent approaches to tactical diversity. Team Description paper, RoboCup-2016, Leipzig, Germany, July 2016.
- D. Budden, P. Wang, O. Obst, M. Prokopenko, RoboCup Simulation Leagues: Enabling Replicable and Robust Investigation of Complex Robotic Systems, IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine, 22(3), 140-146, 2015.
- M. Prokopenko, P. Wang, and O. Obst, Gliders2015: Opponent avoidance with bio-inspired flocking behaviour. Team Description paper, RoboCup-2015, Hefei, China, July 2015.
- D. Budden, P. Wang, O. Obst, M. Prokopenko, Simulation leagues: Analysis of competition formats. In Proceedings of the 18th RoboCup-2014 Symposium, Joao Pessoa, Brazil, July 2014.
- M. Prokopenko, P. Wang, and O. Obst, Gliders2014: Dynamic Tactics with Voronoi Diagrams. Team Description paper, RoboCup-2014, João Pessoa, July 2014.
- O. M. Cliff, J. T. Lizier, X. R. Wang, P. Wang, O. Obst, and M. Prokopenko, Towards Quantifying Interaction Networks in a Football Match. In Proceedings of the 17th RoboCup-2013 Symposium, Eindhoven, July 2013.
- D. Budden and M. Prokopenko, Improved Particle Filtering for Pseudo-Uniform Belief Distributions in Robot Localisation. In Proceedings of the 17th RoboCup-2013 Symposium, Eindhoven, July 2013.
- M. Prokopenko, O. Obst, P. Wang, D. Budden, and O. Cliff, Gliders2013: Tactical Analysis with Information Dynamics. Team Description paper, RoboCup-2013, Eindhoven, June 2013.
- E. Moore, O. Obst, M. Prokopenko, P. Wang, J. Held, Gliders2012: Development and Competition Results. arXiv.org, 2012.
- M. Prokopenko, O. Obst, P. Wang, and J. Held, Gliders2012: Tactics with Action-dependent Evaluation Functions. Team Description paper, RoboCup-2012, Mexico City, June 2012.
- M. Prokopenko, P. Wang, Evaluating Team Performance at the Edge of Chaos. In Proceedings of the 7th RoboCup-2003 Symposium, Padua, July 2003.
- M. Prokopenko, C. Sammut (Editors). Electronic Proceedings of the Workshop on Adaptability in Multi-Agent Systems (AMAS-2003) at the First RoboCup Australian Open, January 2003.
- M. de Raadt, M. Prokopenko, M. Butler, Evolving Tactical Formations on the RoboCup Field. In Electronic Proceedings of the Workshop on Adaptability in Multi-Agent Systems at The First RoboCup Australian Open, January 2003.
- Prokopenko, M., Wang, P., Relating the Entropy of Joint Beliefs to Multi-Agent Coordination, in the Proceedings of the 6th International Symposium on RoboCup, 2002.
- Prokopenko, M., Wang, P., Howard, T., Cyberoos'2001: 'Deep Behaviour Projection' Agent Architecture, in RoboCup-2001: Robot Soccer World Cup V, Springer, 2001.
- Prokopenko, M., Butler, M., Howard, T., On Emergence of Scalable Tactical and Strategic Behaviour, In Proceedings of the RoboCup-2000 Workshop, Melbourne, 2000.
- Butler, M., Prokopenko, M., Howard, T., Flexible Synchronisation within RoboCup Environment: a Comparative Analysis, In Proceedings of the RoboCup-2000 Workshop, Melbourne, 2000.
- Prokopenko, M., M. Butler, Tactical Reasoning in Synthetic Multi-Agent Systems: a Case Study, in Proceedings of the IJCAI-99 Workshop on Nonmonotonic Reasoning, Action and Change, 1999, 57 - 64.
- Prokopenko, M., M. Butler, W.Y. Wong, T.Howard, Cyberoos'99: Tactical Agents in the RoboCup Simulation League, in S. Coradeschi, T. Balch, G. Kraetzschmar, P. Stone (eds.) Team Descriptions. Simulation League. RoboCup 99, Linkoping University Electronic Press, 1999, 159 - 162.
- Prokopenko, M, On Situated Reasoning in Multi-Agent Systems, AAAI Technical Report SS-99-05, the AAAI 1999 Spring Symposium on Hybrid Systems and AI: Modeling, Analysis and Control of Discrete + Continuous Systems, Stanford, 158 - 163, 1999.
- Prokopenko, M., R. Kowalczyk, M. Lee, W.Y. Wong, Designing and Modelling Situated Agents Systematically: Cyberoos'98, in Proceedings of the PRICAI-98 RoboCup Workshop (the 5th Pacific Rim International Conference on Artificial Intelligence), 1998, 75 - 89.